Out of State/Overnight Campers
Monday June 20th - Saturday, June 25th, 2016
Camp Begins at 8:25 am each morning and goes until 8:30pm
We are very pleased to announce that this year we will be inviting out of state/overnight campers to participate in the 2016 Student Leadership Camp. Here is some information that you must know about participating in our overnight camp.
Out of State/Overnight Camper Cost: Cost announced in March 2017
PLEASE REVIEW ALL INFORMATION BELOW
- Campers will be staying at the Palace Station Hotel and Casino beginning Sunday afternoon/night, June 19th 2016 and checking out on Saturday morning, June 25th, 2016. Campers will be paired with other students, and possibly with other schools. Rooms will be separated by gender. YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE AND NOTIFY SLC OF YOUR INTENT TO COME TO CAMP PRIOR TO JUNE 10th, 2016. Any late registrants will not be accommodated with hotel or transportation assistance. The hotel has made this a hard cutoff for room lists.
- The camp cost includes camp tuition, camp supplies including a t-shirt, handbook, and any necessary tools for classes (with the exception of flags, rifles, maces, or military batons).
- Campers will be provided breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday - Friday. Breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning. Campers will need to provide their own dinner on Sunday night before dinner and after dismissal from camp on Saturday.
- Campers will be transported each morning and evening to the facility and hotel by shuttle. The shuttle will leave each day for Bishop Gorman HS at 7:25am and pick-up for the Palace Station hotel at 8:30pm. Our staff will assist with making sure all students are ready to go.
- Out of State/Overnight campers must provide their own transportation to the Orleans Hotel on Sunday June 19th. Check in will begin at 4:00pm. Transportation from the airport can be provided if prior arrangements and flight information is provided to our camp administration. The deadline for this information is Friday, June 10th, 2016.
- Campers must arrange for their flights or departure from camp on Saturday after 1:00pm on June 25th, 2016. Campers will not be dismissed from camp until 12:30pm. All flights or departures must be scheduled after this time. Rides to the airport can be provided if prior arrangements and flight information is provided to our camp administration. The deadline for this information is Friday, June 10th, 2016.
- Camper rooms will be checked by our staff each evening and wake-up calls will be made each morning. Campers will not be allowed to leave the hotel premise at any time during the camp week and must remain with a staff chaperone at all times while on hotel property.
- The Palace Station Hotel requires that all guests under the age of 21 be accompanied by an adult. As a result of this rule, students will be asked to remain in their rooms in the evening time. The students will only be able to leave their rooms for food or evening activities under the direct supervision of our staff.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Out of State Camper - Things to Know. Camp Letter.